Non-Revenue Water (NRW or unaccounted-for-water) is commonly understood as drinking water that has been produced (at a cost) but is considered “lost” in terms of income for the water utility.
Such losses can be real losses, through e.g. leakage from pipes (referred to as “physical losses”) or can be lost for revenue generation e.g. through non metered customer connections (also called “apparent losses”).
- NRW baseline studies with assessment of present water losses in within the system
- Development of NRW strategies and water loss reduction programmes
- Pilot zone investigations with application of flow-, pressure-, noise-recording instruments
- Physical leak detection
- Tendering and supervision of construction programmes covering the creation of district meter areas, leak repair activities and water meter installations
- Installation of computerised billing systems