Energy Planning and Modelling
Lahmeyer has been executing energy planning studies for 40 years ‒ starting with a power generation master plan in Guatemala in 1974. These studies begin with the initial collection and updating of basic data, and the establishment of the necessary databases for evaluation. We then carry out site evaluations and formulate the individual projects, on the basis of which they are ranked, and thereafter develop optimal system development plans which balance demand and supply over the planning period.
Out of our extensive experience with energy planning we have developed a unique package of planning tools and databases/sources ‒ the use of this package guarantees a systematic, efficient and state-of-the-art execution of master plan studies.
- Initial collection and updating of basic data, establishment of databases
- Analysis of demand, supply and transmission characteristics
- Resource and sourcing assessment of conventional and renewable energy sources
- Modelling and simulation of operational dispatch (considering the volatility of renewable energy generation)
- Site (and technology) evaluations and project formulation
- Ranking of projects
- Development of optimal plans balancing demand and supply over the planning period